A sanitary pad and underwear built into one.
- These Period Underwear can absorb the equivalent as 4 tampons worth, so you can wear them an entire day and/or night (depending on how heavy your period is).
- They are sooo comfortable. They don’t feel any different to wearing regular comfy underwear.
- The material is moisture wicking, so you stay super dry.
- These Period Panties are a cleaner way to go to the toilet in public. No dirty fingers, or worrying about where to dispose of your pad or tampon if there is no waste bin.
- Our Period Underwear have four layers of protection. This helps both control odour and prevent leakage.
- The Bikini Style is made from sustainable Bamboo, meaning they are super breathable as well as antibacterial.
- Our Period Panties are Eco-friendly and a much better option from an environmental perspective than commonly used menstrual products (disposable tampons and pads).
- Women with menstrual health issues have said that these are an absolute life saver.
- These Period Panties allow you to stay safe and dry when active, even when you play sport! Just wear a pair of our Period Underwear when you play your sports game and you will never have to worry about unwanted leaks.
How They Work
Our Period Underwear have four layers of protection:
- First there’s a soft inner layer of bamboo which is antibacterial and breathable. This layer wicks the moisture.
- Second there is an absorbent layer, for instant absorption without stickiness.
- The third layer is made of breathable PUL. This is waterproof yet still breathable.
- The fourth outer layer is leak resistant so you remain dry and odour free
For how many hours Period Underwear be worn?
Our Period Panties hold approximately 4 tampons worth. This is equivalent to one day with a medium to heavy period. If you generally use more than 4 tampons during the day, then a second pair would be needed in a day.
Can Period Underwear stain?
To decrease the chance of your Period Underwear staining, make sure you rinse or soak them soon after wearing them. With the black ones, of course, this won’t be as much of an issue.
How many pairs of Period Underwear would I need?
This depends on how the duration of your period and how heavy it is. Most people find changing their Period Underwear each day and night works well for them. So if your period usually lasts 4 days, 8 pairs of Period Underwear will do. When your period is light you could easily get away with wearing them for up to 24 hours.
Can I wear Period Underwear with other menstrual products?
Yes you certainly can. For those with heavier periods, we recommend pairing your Period Undies with a reusable menstrual cup for additional protection. Our menstrual cups are made from medical grade silicone, can be worn up to 10 hours and last up to 16 years!
They can also be worn with tampons and pads, but in all honestly they don’t need to be. They have 4 layers of protection so you should be more than fine to just wear your Period Underwear by themselves.
Can I wear Period Underwear Swimming?
Unfortunately Period Underwear are not suitable for swimming. We recommend using a reusable menstrual cup instead.
How To Wash Period Underwear:
- Rinse your Period Underwear in warm (not hot) water. You can also soak your Period Undies in a bucket of cold water until you are ready to wash them.
- Put your Period Underwear into a laundry wash bag that can be zipped closed, then into the washing machine.
- Wash your Period Underwear on a warm wash (around 40 degrees Celsius).
- Hang them up to dry. Do not use a dryer. Do not iron them.
- Do not use fabric softener or bleach on your Period Underwear.
Why are Period Underwear better than tampons or pads?
Easier on the Environment and your wallet
Those who menstruate will have approximately 500 periods in their lifetime, and they would use approximately 12,000 disposable pads or tampons during that time. Traditional pads and tampons are filled with single use plastic. They have plastic in their lining, applicators and usually individually wrapped in plastic, as well as in plastic packaging. Used menstrual products do not get recycled, so they will invariably be added to landfill.
The total cost of using tampons and pads is actually greater because of all the ruined underwear. Over a person’s lifetime this can all add up to thousands of dollars.
Less chance of Toxic Shock Syndrome or bacterial infection
There are tampons and pads made from organic cotton. Though these have less plastic packaging than most they still carry the risk of of Toxic Shock Syndrome. And they still can’t be recycled. They are disposable and will end up in landfill. Another problem is that they also don’t stay together very well, so you will be finding leftover cotton in places you don’t want.
The inner layer of our Period Underwear is made from bamboo, therefore it is extremely breathable. When choosing Period Underwear, it is better to steer clear of synthetic fabrics as they increase your chance of Vaginal Thrush and a Bacterial Infection. The more natural and breathable the material, the better!
Great for playing sports!
There are few things worse than getting your period while playing sports. Stay safe and dry when you play sport, just wear a pair of our Period Underwear when you play your sports game and you won’t have to worry about any unwanted leaks.
Outer Materials: 95% Bamboo Fiber & 5% Spandex
Crotch Materials: 95% Bamboo Fiber & 5% Spandex
Inner Material (2 layers): 95% Organic Cotton & 5% Elastane; Breathable PUL